Thursday 30 June 2011

Listen Up: "Trapped In Prison" by Lil B

Well, after all the drawn out controversy over B's album title and the context it's intended to assign itself to, we've finally got some music, and not just this particular track, but the whole of I'm Gay (I'm Happy), which reared up on the Internet for purchase yesterday at complete surprise.

I'm choking on words here, because after not digging on The Based God since his debut, running along with this whole I'm Gay media hype theory, and essentially tagging him as a low-level talent, this new track "Trapped In Prison" shuts doubts down.(lil b)

B does as promised, tackling controversial topics, being something of a sociopolitically conscious emcee, which is surprising, considering the fact that his previous works imply the foil. He goes strong on the commentaries here, though he tends to stray off on unrelated metaphors at time, and smack me dead if this isn't one of the sicker beats to come out of the last few months (anyone know who it is? I saw somewhere that it was No I.D., but can't figure without some official proof).

No comments:

Post a Comment